Confirmation I & II (8th & 9th)
Confirmation II (9th Grade) Retreat class of 2017-2018:. (Retreat being held on August 18th is for the current 2017-18 class)
PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT THE RETREAT IS FOR THE CURRENT CLASS OF 2017-18 NOT FOR THE UPCOMING CLASS OF 2018-19.
- When: August 18th
- From: 8 am - 5:15 pm
- Where: La Salette Shrine Retreat Center at 947 Park Street in Attleboro MA 02703
Confirmation dates : class of 2017-18
- October 21, 2018 at 2 pm
- October 28, 2018 at 2 pm
Confirmation rehearsals will be held in October TBA. Dates will be published soon. Thank you!
Community Service Opportunity: (8th & 9th)
St. Vincent dePaul Food Drive will be held on the weekends of October 6 - 7 and 13 - 14, 2018. On the weekend of October 6 - 7 shopping bags will be distributed to parishioners at the conclusion of each Mass as they leave the church. We need volunteers at all Masses on the Weekend of October 13th - 14th to accept returned bags and deliver them to the lower Church. St Vincent dePaul will tentatively plan to move Food from Church to Food Pantries the weekend of Oct 27th. If you would like to volunteer please email Marilyn, email@example.com Thank you!!
Confirmation I Requirements (8th grade)
- Copy of baptismal certificate
- Copy of 1st communion certificate
- Community service 5 hours
Confirmation II Requirements (9th grade)
- Successful completion of Confirmation I
- Attendance is required. There will be a make up session at the end of the year.
- Information session. One parent or guardian must attend
- Community service hours total of 15 this includes confirmation I community service hours.
- Select a Saints name
- Select a Sponsor (Sponsor Form must be filled out)
- Confirmation Retreat for class of 2017-18: Is being held August 18th at the La Salette Shrine in Attleboro MA. Retreat begins at 8 am to 5:15.
- All sponsors must be 16 years of age, a confirmed catholic and someone who is actively practicing their faith. Sponsor can be an older sibling (or other family member a friend or a parishioner, but they CANNOT BE the candidates mother or father. A mother or father may stand in for the official sponsor if they cannot attend Confirmation as a "proxy."
- Tradition has dictated that, at the time of confirmation, a candidate takes on a new symbolic name to mark a significant personal/spiritual milestone . The church has encouraged this tradition which has its roots in the Bible, for example, Simon becomes Peter and Saul becomes Paul.
Volunteering is an essential part of preparing our students to develop an increased sense of social responsibility, a heart for giving back and helping others! All Confirmation I & II students must commit to volunteer 15 hours. At OLMC we have many opportunities available.
When can you volunteer?
Our Faith Formation program is completely dependent on the dedicated service of our volunteer catechists. If you are interested in helping, view contact information at the bottom of the page.
Students are welcomed to assist with all the masses or select the ones they are able to attend.
Mass times at OLMC: Saturday 4:30pm, Sunday 7:30am, 9am, 10:45am
For more information: Marilyn Cabral, at firstname.lastname@example.org 508-336-5549
Click on the image below to register your Student:
FOR MORE INFORMATION CLICK ON THE IMAGE ABOVE!